There are a lot of different types of siding available to homeowners. Of course, the selection you have depends on the owens corning roofing contractors in the San Antonio, TX, area you decide to work with. You may be able to get stucco, vinyl, fiber cement, fiberglass, wood or aluminum siding. Figuring out which type of siding is right for you can be a challenge, so you need to consider the pros and cons of each. Here are a few of the pros and cons associated with aluminum siding.
Aluminum may not be the most popular siding choice, but it is still a common option. Its benefits include:
- This is a relatively inexpensive material.
- Due to its resistance to cracking and bending, it is also cost effective.
- This siding option is non-flammable.
- Aluminum is a natural insulator, so it helps lower energy costs.
- In the event of a fire, this siding will not give off harmful fumes.
Installing new siding that is made from aluminum can give a unique look to your home for a lower cost than other materials.
Even with those positives, an aluminum siding installation could still have some drawbacks. Common disadvantages for this product include:
- During high winds or rain, the siding may be loud.
- Aluminum cannot mimic the look of wood.
- This product is susceptible to denting.
- It gives an industrial look, which does not appeal to all homeowners.
As you may be able to tell, this product is not the most versatile option out there.
Work With Your Contractor
No matter what kind of material you want to use for your siding, you should work with a contractor. He or she will be able to ensure your investment is sound and the materials are installed correctly. Even if you get the highest quality material on the market, a poor installation will leave it vulnerable to water, wind and pests. Talk with a contractor today to learn more about the pros and cons of aluminum siding companies San Antonio.