Many Texas homeowners have to think about the heat when they do any type of home improvement project. There are certain materials that have been designed to withstand the kind of warm weather a Texas year can bring. Your roofing company in Boerne, TX, may be able to help you pick out some roofing materials that perform well in the heat, such as:
- Slate Tiles: Slate is a popular roofing choice because of its ties to old-world charm. Even though it is an expensive option, it tends to last a long time with minimal maintenance. It does well in the heat because of its reflective traits.
- Clay Tiles: With modern technologies, clay tiles have become a reflective roofing option that does not absorb heat. This tile can now look like terra cotta or slate tiles, but often costs much less. Your Boerne roofers may be able to help you learn more about clay tiles.
- Radiant Barriers: This underpinning is typically made from a reflective material, such as aluminum. A radiant barrier is usually installed in an attic, but it helps to reflect heat to make your roof last longer and keep your home cooler.
- Concrete Tiles: These roofing materials in Boerne fall somewhere between slate and clay tiles on the cost-spectrum. Because of concrete’s heat resistance, this material is able to perform well in the summer heat.
- Metal Roofing: When it comes to metal roofing, the color of the material matters. Typically, the lighter the material the better it will be at reflecting heat and cooling down at night.
You need to think about where you live when you pick out roofing, siding, windows and other materials for your home. You likely want products that will be able to withstand the temperature changes and weather elements unique to your area. Work with your roofing in Boerne, TX, to pick out the best roofing material for your home.