When it comes to siding in Braunfels, TX, you have a lot of choices. Depending on the contractor, you can pick fiber cement, aluminum, fiberglass, stucco, wood or vinyl siding. How can you know what is right for you with all of these different options? You need to consider the pros and cons. Here are the pros and cons of using vinyl siding on your home.
Due to its benefits, vinyl has been one of the most popular siding choices in the United States since 1995 according to the Vinyl Siding Institute.
- Many home improvement stores and Braunfels contractors offer this type of siding.
- The installation is not very difficult, so your professionals can have it done in less time.
- Vinyl costs less than other siding options.
- Vinyl offers one of the widest color selections.
- With new technology, vinyl siding keeps its color for years longer than normal paint.
- If you get sick of the color, vinyl siding can be painted even though it may not need it.
- Vinyl is typically thought of as a low-maintenance option.
This product can add curb appeal to your home without emptying your bank account.
Even though it is a popular choice, there are some negatives associated with this option.
- Poor installation can lead to mold and infestation problems because vinyl siding in Braunfels is not waterproof.
- A waterproof housewrap will have to be installed to protect the structure of your home.
- Severe cold can make this siding susceptible to breaking and cracking.
- Extreme weather may cause bending, breaking or cracking.
- Extreme heat can cause melting and distortion.
- While low maintenance, this product will still have to be washed occasionally to remove dirt buildup.
This product isn’t the most weather- or water-resistant on the market.
Work With Your Contractor
When it comes time for you to pick your siding in San Antonio TX and Braunfels, TX, make sure to work with your contractor. He or she will be able to help you better understand the pros and cons.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.